Saturday, November 1, 2008

My First visit to USA, Salt Lake City

This is my first visit to United States of America and I am at my company headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. My main purpose of visit is to attend ApacheCon in New Orleans along with my colleagues from SLC, New York, Italy, India. I will be staying for one week in UTAH followed by another week at New Orleans. After the conference I will also be visiting my brother in Virginia for three days.

And here is a little summary of my travel and stay so far .......

I took a flight from Indore, India in evening on 25th Oct. to Mumbai to catch an international flight to JFK, New York. Flight to JFK was about 16 hrs and I reached JFK at 7:40 AM. I had another connecting flight to Salt Lake City, Utah at 9 AM and I hardly made it to board the flight.

It was fun to catch the flights at last minute at Mumbai and JFK.

Many thanks to Tim Ruppert to come and pick me up from the Airport in Salt Lake City.


So far I am enjoying my stay here very much. I am staying at an apartment at Belvedere 7, opposite to Key Bank building with one of my company partner - Jacopo Cappellato.

It is nice to have a company of nice gentlemen.

Many thanks to Mike Bates and his wife Phoenix to invite me and Jacopo on dinner. We tried a good hand on pumkins for Halloween.

I am also very thankful to Tim Ruppert and his wife Marcy for a wonderful dinner at their home on the eve of Holloween along with Tim's friend Brian, Jenniffer, Jody ....

more later ....




No comments: